- Catherine Care – Catherine Care offer a wide range of services for adults with learning difficulties to help them live life to the fullest. They offer day activities and opportunities, community access and participation, shared supported housing and independent living and residential care. To find out more about Catherine Care please visit http://catherinecare.com or call 01543 271000. Catherine Care also has a bespoke tea room. The tea room team consists of clients and staff. They work together to offer afternoon teas, chitter chatter groups and much more. To find out more follow them on Facebook or call Sabrina on the number above.
- Chase Funding Fair, Thursday 19 April at Rugeley Community Centre - There are still some places available in the 6-7:30pm session. If you would like to book please follow this link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cannock-chase-funding-fair-tickets-43163583440
- Mayors Community Weekend National Lottery funding - Groups can apply for funding of up to £500. The aim of the Mayors Community Weekend is to celebrate diversity, health and wellbeing – to encourage people to go out, engage in their local communities and increase social interaction. To find out more please follow the link https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/about-big/mayors-community-weekend Please also find details for a new funding officer at Big who covers Staffordshire: Jane Green 0121 3457991 or email Jane.Green@biglotterfund.org
- Bus Service Changes – There will be a few changes to bus services in the district from April, please follow the link to find out more https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/docs/Bus-Service-Changes-April-2018-by-district.pdf
- Tenant Scrutiny Panel – Please find attached details for an advert for a Tenant Scrutiny Panel for Cannock Chase Council Housing
- Evolve – Cycle-R is offering free training opportunities to anyone who is long term unemployed or economically inactive. These courses will run for 80 hours and scheduled to suit the individual. You may choose from any of the following areas: Bicycle Mechanic, Retail/Customer Service, Stores, Administration, Book-Keeping. At the end of the training you will receive a level two certificate (except for the bicycle mechanics which is a level 1 Cytech qualification). For further information please contact Cherri Hadley at Cycle-R on 01543 523606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arriva – Arriva have now released details of the reduced Cannock area bus network and timetables from 1 April 2018. To find out more follow the link https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/updates/changes-to-services-in-cannock--stafford-areas-from-1-april-2018/
- Cannock Market Hall Easter Bunny Hunt – Saturday 24 March & Saturday 31 March, 3pm at Cannock Market Hall. Everyone welcome and there is a prize for every child
- Hednesford Park Social Forestry - Social Forestry is a program of learning how to be connected with oneself, others and natural environments through woodland spaces. Sessions take place on Fridays 10am-2pm at Hednesford Park, meet at the green container by the owl sculpture in the tree avenue. All are welcome and free to take part. Contact Heather Francis on 07800538666 or email email@example.com
- Road Works Market Street, Rugeley – These roadworks have now started. To find out more https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/staffshighways/roadworks/schemeinfo/cannock/U5092-Market-Street-Rugeley.aspx?utm_medium=govdelivery&utm_source=email
- VCSE Forum - The next Cannock Chase Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise takes place on Tuesday 13 March, 1-3pm at Living Springs Community Centre, Girton Road, Cannock, WS11 0EB. Please find agenda attached. If you would like to attend please confirm with Lesley Whatmough on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding Fair - SCVYS will be holding a funding fair on Thursday 19 April at Rugeley Community Centre, Burnthill Lane, Rugeley, WS15 2HX. Places will need to be booked. There will be two sessions: 4-5:30pm and 6-7:30pm. The event is free to any charity or voluntary/community group operating in Staffordshire. The Funding Fair is an opportunity to meet with funders, consider a range of funding you may not have previously considered gain an insight into a funder's way of thinking and discuss your group or organisation's funding needs. Please visit https://cannockfundingfair2018.eventbrite.co.uk to book your place.
- 'Preparing for PIP and Benefit Change at 16' - Are you in receipt of Disability Living Allowance for your child/children? Did you know that your child/children will need to apply for Personal Independent Payment (PIP) when they turn 16. Cerebra are running a free workshop for you to inform parents about this important transition. This will take place on 27 March, 10am-2pm at Cannock Chase Children's, Cannock Road, WS11 5BU. Hot and cold drinks and biscuits are available, unfortunately lunch can not be provided but feel free to bring a packed lunch. Places are limited to 25 and booking is essential. Contact SEND Family Partnership on email@example.com or call 01785 356921
- 'Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles Activity Referral' - Is your health condition holding you back? Would you like to get more active, but don't think you're fit enough to exercise? The Activity Referral team will give you tailored support and advice from highly trained instructors. Inspiring Healthy Lifestyles provide low cost, local activities to help you on your way to a healthier, more active life. Call today on 01889 586260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Well Community Café – A new community initiative to support people living with chronic conditions across Staffordshire. They will provide fun, entertainment, advice and guidance to anyone living in South Staffordshire that has been diagnosed with or cares for someone with an illness or condition that has changed the way they live. Live Well Community Cafe
The Launch events are Cannock – St Mary’s Social Club, Cannock, WS11 0AA, Thursday 13 July, 10am-12:30pm Rugeley – Lea Hall Sport and Social Club, Rugeley, WS15 2LB, Wednesday 16 August, 10am-12:30 Stafford – Walton Village Hall, ST17 0LD, 10am-12:30
Healthwatch Staffordshire Fourth Annual Conference – The next conference will be taking place on Tuesday 4 July 2017. Venues and timings are currently being confirmed but Healthwatch are asking you to hold the date in the diary. For more information and to book your attendance call 01785 221701 or email email@example.com
Fairbridge Progamme – Please find attached details of the next Princes Trust Fairbridge Programme to be delivered from Cannock fire station on the 26 June
Forest Fringe Festival – A fringe festival is being launched through the Cannock Chase Cultural Heritage Hub. The idea is based around the Forest Live events held at Birches Valley and is designed to celebrate the buzz that those events generate. Please find attached some documents about the fringe and how it works. The festival will be launched by 80’s pop star Tiffany at The Premier Suite in Cannock on Saturday 27 May. If anyone is interested in hosting an event or would like some more information please contact James Davis, Youth Engagement Consultant at the Museum of Cannock Chase on 07952 173455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sensory Space – Monthly sensory sessions for families with under 5’s who require additional support.
Free Photography Workshops – for adults who are looking to progress into employment, training or volunteering. There is an information day on the 22 June at Cannock Chase Children’s Centre between 10am-12 noon. If you would like more information please contact Steve Luff on 07841465645 or email email@example.com
Free Adult and Community Learning funded Parenting Programme starting on 25 May – From pram to primary school – Struggling with your child’s behaviour; mealtimes and bedtimes becoming a challenge? If your child is aged between 0-7 years, then this programme could be for you. For more information please contact Jenny Bames on 01283 233400
Rugeley Community Helping Hands – The next Community Helping Hands will take place on Thursday 22 June. This will take place at Rugeley Community Centre on Burnthill Lane. Set up is from 9am with networking beginning at 9:30am, public admission for the “coffee and cake morning” and “open house” will be at 10:30am.
Nova Training – This Summer Kickstart Your Career. Please find attached information about Nova Training’s new summer incentive. Any learner that starts a Nova programme will receive £150 attendance bonus when they have been for 3 weeks with full attendance. There is also a refer a friend incentive. For further details please contact Julie Stokoe on 01543 462800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire Volunteers – Ironman is looking for volunteers for this year’s event on Sunday 18 June. Please find attached the flyer with some details about this.
Walking in Water – these sessions are aimed at people with mobility and joint problems. You do not need to swim to attend the session as it is in a pool with a moveable floor set at a height where people can touch the floor at all times.
Living Springs Community Café – Please find attached a poster about a new weekly community café at Living Springs Community Centre in Cannock. The first café is on the 8th May.
MyPlace Scheme, Lea Hall Place, Rugeley – MyPlace apartments are for those who have a learning disability or are living with a mental health condition. For more information please contact Abbie Wright on 07973 933744 or email Abigail.Wright@bromford.co.uk
Out of Hours GP Service Survey – Please find a link to a survey on the current Out of Hours service. The feedback will help to shape the future of the service. To take part please follow the link http://tinyurl.com/sasccg-ooh-service-survey
Action on Hearing Loss Drop-In sessions – Drop-in sessions at Cannock and Burntwood Libraries
Toolbox, South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health – Toolbox is a free, self-empoweringemotional wellbeing project that South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health is delivering in across South Staffordshire for 4 years. The project is funded by the Big Lottery Fund and facilitates individuals becoming more empowered about keeping themselves emotionally well. Please see details about the project attached including referral forms. For more information please contact email@example.com
Referral Form - Organisation
Revised Opening Times for Rugeley & Hednesford Area Offices:
Rugeley Area Office – Tuesdays and Thursdays only, 9-5, closed 12-1 pm for lunch
Hednesford Area Office – Wednesdays only, but will only close from 1-2 pm instead of 12-2 pm
New i2i session – i2i are now doing information sessions every Tuesday at 1:30 pm in Cannock. For more information or call Kayleigh Bryan on 01543 503205